Saturday, March 1, 2008

Life’s path connects to me …

Strange is life, stranger are its ways
filled as much with mystery as much as thrill
when the shores are silent, the waves leave the bay
like moments that seem as much alive as much as still.

The sun comes up, it's time to face the day,
and I think that life shall today be all right
and as the day wears on I don''t let my nerves fray
to the hollowness that creeps within me every night.

Having reached crossroads at life, I'm feeling weary
after the toils of sweat that over years I have shed
and I'm feeling like the skies too are cloudy and dreary
like the emptiness within and the heart that has bled.

I know its time to look ahead on the outside
time to tread life's journey on a new way 
I'm wondering whether I'll ever find the strength inside
to do it all again without going astray.

I have to erase the memories of how it began
sift away the emotions from reality 
I wipe the mirror, dust on my hands
the shadow clears, a new personality.

The wind blows a puff of scented fresh air
I try to be tranquil, as much I can be
it lifts my spirits up, out of that dreaded despair
sensing freedom above, I steer my life free.

I look to the sky, a cloudless sway
put a conch to my ear, a silent sea
strange is life, stranger are its ways...
an empty path ahead, that connects to me.


P.S: This is my personal favorite :-)

No comments: