Saturday, January 31, 2009

As long as you are there...

This world has not given me much,
A lot of pain, and many a heart felt sigh,
But, my only comfort off-lately is your gentle touch,
My heart's speaking true, this ain't a lie.

I was scared of the intense dark,
Life's ugly face did bother me,
And my fate left me such a deep mark,
I felt surrendered, I felt lost.

You give me hope for my future,
With your friendship, I see life with no end;
Without your presence, I fear to tread on anything,
It’s on you whom I depend, my friend.

The assurance you are always with me,
Gives me confidence all will go well,
It doesn’t matter what problems arise,
I know you have the wisdom to know what's right.

Not every problem is solved as I wish,
But I trust you know to handle it best,
So I simply move on and put it behind,
I don’t let it cause me any distress.

Without your friendship, I feel lonely,
But together with you, I feel accomplished.
The care you express for each day that I live,
Are much more than I’ll ever need.

So-
As long as you are there to love me my friend, I'll keep living...
As long as you are there to hold my hand, I do not fear falling,
As long as you are there to wipe my tears, I'm not afraid of crying,
As long as you can read my face, I'll not endeavor hiding.

As Long As You Are There - my dearest friend, I'll keep living...

No comments: